* 4 pounds Boneless Beef Roast
* 1 can (14 Oz. Can) Beef Broth
* ½ cups Water
* 1 envelope (about 1 Oz. Envelope) Dry Onion Soup Mix
* 1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme Leaves, Chopped
* 12 whole French Rolls
* Butter, To Spread On Rolls
* 12 slices Swiss Or Mozzarella Cheese
Trim excess fat from roast and place in a crock pot. Pour over beef broth and water and sprinkle with onion soup mix and thyme. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Carefully remove meat to a cutting board and let sit for 10 minutes. Slice the meat on the diagonal or shred with a fork.
Pour off beef juices into bowls for dipping.
To assemble: Split the rolls and spread with butter. Toast under the broiler, open-faced, until lightly toasted. Top one side of each sandwich with a generous portion of meat and one slice of cheese. Place back under the broiler for a couple of minutes or until the cheese is melted. Top with bun tops and serve with reserved meat juices.