* 3/4 cup light brown sugar
* 1/2 cup sweetened, flaked coconut
* 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
* 1/4 cup flour
* 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
* 1 (4-ounce) bar bittersweet (62 percent cacao) chocolate, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (recommended: Nestle Chocolatier)
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, coconut, melted butter, flour, vanilla, and salt.
Using a 1/2-ounce cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop 6 balls of dough, 3 to 4 inches apart, on each baking sheet. Lightly flatten the tops of the dough. Cook until golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the parchment paper, about 15 minutes.
Place the chocolate in a bowl and place over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir until the chocolate has melted. Using a fork, drizzle the tops of the cookies with the melted chocolate. Freeze the cookies until the chocolate has set, about 5 minutes. Remove the cookies from the freezer and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Cook’s Note: If the cookies have baked into one another, use a knife or metal spatula to separate the cookies then allow to cool.