These were actually inspired by a trip to the Melting Pot. I remember liking the cheese fondue well enough. I remember not liking the meat or seafood fondue at all, not a fan of boiling meats I guess. I remember, however, absolutely, loving, the dessert chocolate fondue. It came with all kinds of things to dip in it like strawberries, bananas and graham cracker covered marshmallows. These are a take on that but instead of dipping the graham cracker covered marshmallows in chocolate, I dip marshmallows in chocolate and then coat them in graham crackers. And to be completely honest, I’m pretty sure it doesn’t get much better than chocolate covered marshmallows. Except chocolate covered marshmallows with a sweet graham cracker crust.
Makes 10 – 12 skewers
You will need:
* 10 – 12 jumbo marshmallows
* 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
* 1 cup crushed graham crackers
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the marshmallows on skewers. Place graham crackers on a plate or other flat surface.
3. Place chocolate in a double broiler and cook over low heat until melted. Remove from heat.
4. Dip skewered marshmallows into melted chocolate. Make sure to coat all sides.
5. Roll the chocolate dipped marshmallows in the crushed graham crackers. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Chill in the refrigerator until chocolate hardens.
6. Allow to come to room temperature 5 minutes before serving.