Shrimp Pasta Salad with Cucumber & Dill
recipe credit: everyday food
Prep time: 20 minutes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound large shell pasta
- 1 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp, tails on (if desired)
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Add shrimp, and cook just until opaque throughout, about 30 seconds. Drain, and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Drain again.
- Transfer pasta mixture to a bowl; toss with cucumber and dill. In another bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, oil, lemon juice, and Dijon; season with salt and pepper. (To store, refrigerate pasta mixture and dressing separately, up to 1 day.)
- Add dressing to pasta mixture, and toss to combine.
Helpful Hint: to keep the texture & flavor of this salad at it’s vibrant best, toss the pasta mixture & dressing together right before serving.