Makes 4 cups.
* 3 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
* 1/4 cup chopped pecans
* 1/4 cup chopped almonds
* 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
* 5 teaspoons vegetable oil
* 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
* 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, toss together oats, pecans, almonds, salt, vegetable oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
2. Spread oat mixture on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Let cool completely. (To store, cover and keep at room temperature, up to 2 weeks.)