Turkey Meatballs – adapted from everyday food blog
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound ground turkey (93 percent lean, dark* meat)
- 1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, breadcrumbs, garlic, egg, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, 1/4 cup parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix to combine. Using a level 1-tablespoon measure for each, form mixture into meatballs (you should have about 24).
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high. Add meatballs, and cook, turning occasionally, until browned all over, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve with spaghetti.
*note: Dark-meat turkey yields more tender meatballs than turkey breast. So when buying the ground turkey, look for the package that says ‘Ground Turkey’ not ‘Turkey Breast’. There is a difference!
Goes perfect with this sauce!