Penne with Shrimp, Feta & Spring Vegetables
Serves 4 + a little more
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 12 ounces penne rigate (ridged)
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 pound peeled and deveined frozen shrimp, thawed
- 8 ounces snow peas, trimmed and halved on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup crumbled feta (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook penne 5 minutes less than al dente. Add asparagus; cook 3 minutes. Add shrimp and snow peas; cook 2 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta mixture, and return to pot.
- To pasta mixture, add oil, lemon juice, garlic, and cup reserved pasta water. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Gently mix in feta and mint; adjust to desired consistency with some pasta water as needed. Serve immediately.