* 1 Udi’s Gluten Free Pizza Crust (or Regular Crust!)
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 large yellow onion, halved, thinly sliced
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
* 5 strips bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
* 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
* 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place pizza crust onto a pizza pan or pizza stone, brush with olive oil; set aside.
2. In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add in the onion, season with the salt and cook until onions are browned and caramelized, approximately 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in the garlic, stir to combine. Stir in the vinegar; set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the bacon and cook until bacon begins to crisp, approximately 4 – 5 minutes; drain; set aside.
4. Top the pizza crust evenly with the mozzarella cheese, sprinkle with the crushed red pepper flakes, top evenly with the caramelized onion mixture and then the bacon.
5. Place in preheated oven and bake until golden brown, approximately 15 minutes. Remove from oven, top with sliced basil leaves, cut into serving slices and enjoy!